Why don’t people put chocolate and pumpkin together more often? This combination is a winner for sure. These gluten/dairy-free muffins are perfectly dense and oh so soft. Also wonderful with a glass of nut milk.
3 cups gluten-free oat flour (I like Bobs Red Mill)
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup vegan butter replacement (I like Earth Balance)
2 packets stevia
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life)
1. Mix wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
2. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
3. Drop batter into non-stick muffin tins.
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
5. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Dunk in some chilled nut milk. Enjoy!
“If music be the food of love, play on.”
– William Shakespeare