My mother makes the best chocolate chip cookies. But since choosing to go completely gluten/dairy-free 7 months ago, I haven’t really had a decent chocolate chip cookie. My sister decided to take my mother’s recipe and experiment with it until she created the perfect gluten/dairy-free cookie. Of course, a dessert is a dessert. Don’t go eating these for breakfast 😉 But, a warm chocolate chip cookie dunked in some ice cold almond milk is such a treat! Did I mention these are also Dad Approved? (and that’s hard to do).
2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegan butter substitute, softened (I like Earth Balance)
3/4 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Foods)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. In a large mixer bowl, beat butter substitute, raw sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment paper on baking sheets.
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then move to wire racks to let cool completely.
“People have got to learn: if they don’t have cookies in the cookie jar, they can’t eat cookies.” – Suze Orman