One-bowl Carrot Apple Raisin Muffins
These dairy-free and gluten-free carrot muffins are packed with nutrients. They can also be made vegan if you sub the eggs for flax eggs and use the agave option! They come out super moist – perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or mid-day snack.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup (packed) grated carrot
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (I like Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp gluten-free 1:1 baking flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Prepare muffin tin with liners, or lightly grease pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, mashed banana, agave/honey, and olive oil. Whisk.
- Next, add applesauce, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk.
- Add almond milk, grated carrot. Stir lightly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour. Then add this mixture to your large mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Fold in raisins, lightly.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin tins, filling them all the way up to the top!
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When you press on the tops, it shouldn’t feel too spongey.
- Remove from oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Don’t try to unwrap them too quickly, or they will stick to the wrappers.
- If you haven’t devoured them all in one sitting, store in a sealed container at room temp 😉
“Life is what you bake of it.”